Connect with us

News

Last Minute Rush as Zinox 750,000 Computer Promo Enters Last Lap

Published

on

Kindly share this post

Zinox offices nationwide are experiencing a last minute rush as the 750,000 computer ownership promo second phase enters its last month.
Launched in the last quarter of 2009 and slated to end on March 31, the promo has surpassed the expectations of its design.
It has become the IT rallying point for proprietors of educational institutions, heads of public schools-including tertiary institutions, decision makers in the private and public sectors-including the military and para-military organizations and employers who want to computerize their work forces and operations.
The management of the Computerize Nigeria Project (CNP) has used the success of this promo to reaffirm its belief in the capacity of the governments and people of Nigeria to adequately address the IT needs of this country, said, Loretta Agbakoba, head of CNP.
The second phase of the 750,000 computer ownership promo is embedded with the incredible benefit of a Zinox e learning suite worth N62, 000, free for one year, and a free Zinox digi lamp to enhance reading in a country where blackouts have become a norm.
The e learning suite, which Zinox developed in partnership with World e library is currently number 1 in Africa and contains 750,000 e-books downloadable in any PC; 59,000 medical e documents and e-books; 11,000 classic literature e-books; 1,000 Chemistry e-books, 500 Mathematics e-books; 250 Physics e-books; and 680,000 e-books more. The suite also contains Physics simulation tools, creative, observation, and skills development tools, teacher lessons plans, worksheets, and classroom articles. The e learning suite holds a lot of promise for educational institutions who want to be rated among the world’s best and Governments who wish to accelerate the pace towards the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals and the vision 20/ 2020 stressed Agbakoba,
Explaining how it works, the Head Computerize Nigeria said that participation is open to all Nigerians and employers may take advantage of the promo to computerize their staff simply by issuing an employer’s guaranty. No bank guarantees are required. All the frustrating documentation that have hitherto made Computer Ownership schemes tedious and unpleasant have been clipped off. All a prospect needs do is to decide whether to pay the very low cash prices or subscribe to the 12 months installment option.  Mrs. Agbakoba explained that the e-learning suites would be automatic to the 1st 100,000 laptops purchased.  All products would enjoy immediate delivery and the respective manufacturer warranty of the OEMs. She said that the CNP and her OEM Partners would deliver on all their promises. She reiterated that the total package pricing is not available to any other company in Africa and that the CNP would make a refund if better prices were found elsewhere.
The ambition of the board and management of CNP in her promotion of digital knowledge democracy in Nigeria is to work with tested globally rated partners and create digital access for Nigerians mostly the middle class and disadvantaged. We also create platforms for the rich to upgrade digitally in order to sustain wealth beyond this generation. As Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh would always say, “It is the knowledge gap in families in Nigeria that has made it impossible for wealth to be sustained from generation to generation”.
Computerize Nigeria Project a non- profit organization was launched by a team of IT technocrats led by Ekeh in 2001. The launch opened a new vista in cost effectively digital tooling of individuals, institutions and corporate entities, and launched the first Computer ownership scheme in Nigeria. The Board of CNP is presently chaired by Prof. Ibidapo Obe.

 


Kindly share this post

Nigeria CommunicationsWeek believes that technology makes life more exciting and helps improve the lives of people around Nigeria and indeed the world. So since 2007, we have devoted our energy to independent reportage of technology and how they affect lives.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

News

Elon Musk to Become First World’s Trillionaire with SpaceX Historic IPO

Published

on

Kindly share this post

Elon Musk is poised to become the world’s first trillionaire after  SpaceX, his company, confirmed plans to go public.

Elon Musk to Become First World’s Trillionaire with SpaceX Historic IPO

Elon Musk

Because Musk owns the majority of the shares, it could push his net worth over the trillion dollar mark.

The entrepreneur is known for his leadership of Tesla, SpaceX, X, and xAI.

Musk has been the wealthiest person in the world since 2025; as of May 2026, Forbes estimates his net worth to be $788 billion.

SpaceX has filed for a blockbuster public listing in the United States, paving the way for what could become the largest stock market debut in Wall Street history.

The company, formally known as Space Exploration Technologies, announced plans to begin trading under the ticker symbol “SPCX” as early as next month.

The listing values SpaceX at about $1.25 trillion, with Musk’s majority ownership potentially worth more than $600 billion alone.

Combined with his existing holdings in companies including Tesla, the IPO could push Musk’s personal wealth above the $1 trillion mark.

The long-awaited filing also offered investors a rare look into SpaceX’s finances.

The company reported $18.6 billion in revenue last year but recorded a net loss of $4.9 billion. In the first quarter of this year, SpaceX generated $4.7 billion in sales while posting a $4.3 billion net loss.

Financial disclosures showed the company holds $102 billion in assets, including rockets, launch infrastructure and satellite systems, while carrying debts totalling $60.5 billion.

Despite the losses, analysts suggested investors were unlikely to be deterred given SpaceX’s dominance in commercial space launches and satellite internet services.

Ruth Foxe-Blader, managing partner at Citrine Venture Partners, described the planned flotation as “extremely exciting.”

“SpaceX is just an absolutely sprawling, enormous project with so many different selling points, and so many points that really point to the future,” she said.

SpaceX operates the Starlink satellite internet network and also owns Musk’s artificial intelligence company, xAI.

The IPO filing revealed that xAI recently reached a major commercial agreement with rival AI company Anthropic, maker of the Claude chatbot.

Under the arrangement, Anthropic will reportedly pay $15 billion annually to access data centre infrastructure linked to xAI operations in the American South.

The filing also disclosed that SpaceX expects to incur more than half a billion dollars in legal costs from multiple ongoing lawsuits and regulatory disputes.

Among the cases listed were claims alleging that xAI’s chatbot Grok had been used to create sexualised deepfakes of women and girls, alongside patent infringement disputes, music copyright claims, data breach allegations and investigations into compliance with European Union content moderation rules.

Musk has previously said he plans to dissolve xAI as a standalone company and pursue his AI ambitions directly under SpaceX.

The filing came shortly after Musk lost a high-profile legal battle against OpenAI and its chief executive Sam Altman.

Musk had accused OpenAI of abandoning its non-profit mission after shifting towards a commercial model, but a jury dismissed the lawsuit, ruling that he had waited too long to bring the claims.


Kindly share this post
Continue Reading

News

Moniepoint Boosts UK Payments Security

Published

on

Kindly share this post

African financial services platform Moniepoint has partnered with open banking software-as-a-service provider tell.money to deploy a transaction security system in the UK market.

The companies said the partnership will allow Moniepoint to implement Confirmation of Payee, an account name-checking service designed to verify recipient details before payments are processed.

The integration will be rolled out through Monieworld, Moniepoint’s UK remittance subsidiary, as part of the company’s broader European expansion strategy.

Tell.money will provide the underlying verification technology, which the companies said is intended to reduce misdirected payments and help protect users against cross-border fraud.

Ravi Jakhodia, CEO of Monieworld, said: “Our goal with Monieworld is to build financial services for Africans in the diaspora.”

He added that tell.money was selected because it manages compliance and accreditation requirements, allowing the fintech company to focus on customer service.

Moniepoint is entering a competitive UK-to-Africa remittance market that includes established providers such as Wise, WorldRemit and Remitly, as well as African fintech firms including Flutterwave’s Send App.

According to data from the World Bank’s KNOMAD programme, remittance flows to low- and middle-income countries are estimated at about $620 billion annually, with digital -first platforms capturing increasing market share through open banking integrations and automated compliance systems.

The rollout reflects a broader trend of African fintech firms expanding into developed markets by adopting local regulatory and open banking standards.

Industry analysts expect diaspora-focused platforms to evolve beyond money transfers into services such as multi-currency banking, credit and investment products.


Kindly share this post
Continue Reading

News

Meet the 39-Year-Old Genius Replacing Oloyede at JAMB

Published

on

Kindly share this post

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed 39‑year‑old Professor Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), succeeding Professor Is‑haq Oloyede whose two‑term tenure expires on July 31, 2026.

Meet the 39-Year-Old Genius Replacing Oloyede at JAMB

Professor Segun Aina

Aina, who will turn 40 in July, will become the youngest registrar in JAMB’s history, marking a generational shift in the leadership of Nigeria’s premier tertiary‑admissions body.

In a statement issued in Abuja by the President’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, the new registrar was described as a distinguished academic and systems expert with extensive experience in national examination systems, digital infrastructure and public‑sector institutional reform.

A professor of Computer Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile‑Ife, Aina holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Kent, an MSc in Internet Computing and Network Security and a PhD in Digital Signal Processing, both from Loughborough University, United Kingdom. He also completed the Senior Management Programme at Lagos Business School.

His early career with JAMB began during his National Youth Service Corps scheme, where he gained foundational experience in national admissions and data‑driven institutional processes; those insights have since shaped his contributions to examination reform and systems optimisation.

At 39, Aina became one of Nigeria’s youngest professors of Computer Engineering and has advised federal and state governments on system design, digital transition and operational reform, while also consulting major examination bodies such as NECO and NABTEB on ICT systems and examination integrity.

He is a member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).

President Tinubu expects Aina to leverage his experience, knowledge and practical insight to further strengthen JAMB’s operations and to build on the achievements recorded under Professor Oloyede’s leadership.


Kindly share this post
Continue Reading

Trending