General News
RisingRose Nigeria Wins Big @ BoICT 2014

RisingRose Nigeria Limited, a fast growing courier outfit in Nigeria, was recently crowned the ‘Indigenous Courier Company of the Year’ at this year’s Beacon of Information Communications (BoICT) award held in Lagos recently.
RisingRose, incorporated on September 24, 2009, was licenced by the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) to operate courier services on December 21, 2009.
The Company commenced full scale business operations on August 10, 2010.
With full determination to excel and carve a niche for itself in the industry, at a time when one of the challenges bedeviling the industry was inconsistencies in mails and financial documents delivery, RisingRose came on board with full determination to bring to bear best international practices in the industry.
Ken Nwogbo, publisher and chief executive officer, Communication Week Media, organizers of the award, said that RisingRose distinguished itself in the industry which attracted several of her customers and other Nigerians to vote the Company as an amiable brand in the nation’s courier sector.
He said that during the nomination and voting periods, RisingRose was seen as transparent in its practices, thereby, setting it apart from others.
Nigeria CommunicationsWeek recall that the practice of reporting and recovering missing customer’s package is a tradition that has both endeared as well as led to the quick rise of RisingRose.
In restoring investors’ confidence in the delivery of investors’ documents, RisingRose applies strict business procedures in dealing with its client’s documents.
Speaking on the award, Linda Austin-akuta, managing director of RisingRose Nigeria, said, “We feel highly honored and privileged to be given this award. We thank the organizers of this event, Nigeria communicationsWeek, for this wonderful recognition.
“We are highly humbled for being chosen amongst many indigenous courier companies in Nigeria at the Beacon of ICT 2014 indigenous courier company of the year. We dedicate this award to God Almighty, for He is the foundation of our company and without Him nothing, absolutely nothing could have been possible. Special thanks go to my husband, Mr. Austin Akuta who stood solidly behind RisingRose.
“We wish to express our sincere gratitude to the management and staff of courier regulatory department of NIPOST, management and staff of Bulkpost Venture of NIPOST, for given us the platform and support, to operate courier services in Nigeria and their support and encouragement throughout these years. Also, the past and present leadership of ANCO cannot be thanked enough for recognizing us.
“Also, to the management and staff of RisingRose Ngeria ltd who always work as a team to achieve all our set goals; this award is a testimony of their quality work. To everyone who had made up his or her time and resources to vote for us, we say a big thank you and pray that every good things of life will not elude you all. RisingRose , we will always deliver with a difference”.
RisingRose delivers financial documents such as Annual General Meeting Reports, Dividend Warrants, Share Certificates, e-Bonus Advice, e-Dividend Advice, Invoice, Magazines and other high volume mails for all quoted companies either through their Registrars or if given to us directly.
“Our wealth of experience in delivering investors’ documents has continued to earn the trust, confidence and loyalty of our clients.
“Our strategy in RisingRose is to deliver outstanding customer service that will provide a one-stop-solution, by treating our customers as if they are the only customers we have. We try as much as possible to get deliveries done within a tight contractual timeline,” Austin-akuta added.
General News
WHO Says Ebola Risk Now at Highest Level

World Health Organisation (WHO), yesterday, said that Ebola outbreak is “very high” but added that the global risk remains “low”.

So far, 82 cases and seven deaths have been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), but WHO, said, the real scale of the outbreak is likely far larger, with nearly 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths reported
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, chief, WHO, said the situation was “deeply worrisome”.
He said there were now nearly 750 suspected cases in the DR Congo and 177 suspected deaths, as health workers scramble to track down contacts of everyone thought to be infected with the virus.
“The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is spreading rapidly,” he told a press conference.
“So far, 82 cases have been confirmed in DRC, with seven confirmed deaths.
“But we know in people who travelled from DRC and one death.
Measures to address the epidemic in DRC are much larger.
There are now almost 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths.”
He said the situation in Uganda was “stable”, with two cases confirmed in Uganda, including “intense contact tracing” and calling off the Martyrs’ Day commemorations, “appear to have been effective in preventing the further spread of the virus”, Tedros added.
While a US national who was working in the DRC has tested positive and been transferred to Germany for care, Tedros said another US national deemed to be a high-risk contact had been transferred to the Czech Republic.
Besides national staff already in the DRC, he said 22 international staff had been deployed to the field, “including some of our most experienced people”.
Tedros said that violence and insecurity were impeding the response to the outbreak in the DRC.
“We are now revising our risk assessment to very high at the national level, high at the regional level, and low at the global level.
“So far, 82 cases have been confirmed in DRC, with seven confirmed deaths.
“But we know the epidemic in DRC is much larger. There are now almost 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths.
“The situation in Uganda is stable, with two cases confirmed in people who travelled from DRC, with one death.”
Tedros said that violence and insecurity were impeding the response to the outbreak.
General News
Army Acquires New Drones to Boost Surveillance, Precision Strikes — COAS

Nigerian Army has acquired additional drones and other advanced force multipliers to strengthen surveillance operations, improve target acquisition, and enhance precision strike and casualty evacuation capabilities.

Lt.-Gen. Waidi Shaibu, chief of Army Staff (COAS), said that the new drones will boost surveillance, precision strikes.
Shaibu, who disclosed this in a statement shared via the Nigerian Army’s official X handle, noted that the conference provided a platform for critical assessment of ongoing operations and the development of forward-looking strategies to address Nigeria’s evolving security challenges.
He said deliberations at the Nigerian Army Conference Centre, Asokoro, focused on sharpening operational responses, strengthening training frameworks and adapting to the demands of modern security warfare.
According to him, the resolutions reached are aimed at building a more agile, combat-ready, technologically driven and mission-oriented force capable of responding effectively to emerging threats.
A key highlight of the reforms is the Army’s increasing investment in modern warfare technology, including the acquisition of additional tactical drones and the reconfiguration of Army aviation assets for combat roles.
Shaibu explained that these developments have significantly enhanced intelligence gathering, precision targeting, operational mobility and casualty evacuation across various theatres of operation.
He also highlighted ongoing improvements in recruitment, advanced training, professional military education and leadership development, stressing that discipline, competence and meritocracy remain central to building a stronger institution.
Reaffirming his “soldier-first” philosophy, the COAS said troop welfare remains a top priority, stressing that “troop welfare remains non-negotiable; well-motivated soldiers operating in conducive environments are critical to mission success.”
He urged senior officers to ensure that resolutions from the conference are fully implemented in field operations, stressing that the true value of the gathering lies in measurable impact on the battlefield.
Describing the ongoing reforms, Shaibu said: “We are not just reforming the Army; we are building a lethal, technology-driven fighting force where only discipline, merit, and mission success matter.”
The Army Chief expressed appreciation to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his support, as well as the Minister of Defence, Minister of State for Defence, Chief of Defence Staff, service chiefs and intelligence agencies for their continued collaboration.
The conference ended with the presentation of commendation plaques to senior officers recognized for outstanding contributions to operational effectiveness.
General News
UK Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief Concludes Visit to Nigeria

The UK Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB), David Smith MP, concluded a three-day visit to Abuja this week, marking Nigeria as the first focus country he has visited under the UK’s FoRB strategy.

During the visit, David Smith MP held a wide range of meetings with senior Nigerian government officials, religious leaders, civil society organisations, and local communities – reflecting the UK’s commitment to sustained, practical engagement and partnership on freedom of religion or belief in Nigeria.
Meetings included discussions with the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, the Honourable Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, and the Governor of Plateau State, Caleb Mutfwang.
The Special Envoy also met with the co-chairs of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, and HRH the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III, President-General of the National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs.
At the end of the visit, the UK Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief, David Smith MP, said: “Over the past few days, I have been honoured to meet a wide range of people — from senior government figures and civil society to faith leaders and local communities. I came to listen, learn, and see both how freedom of religion or belief is experienced in everyday life, and how it connects to – and is a core part of addressing – Nigeria’s wider challenges around security and cohesion.
“Some of the most powerful moments of this visit were at community level. Visiting Father Emmanuel Unamba’s parish and meeting Christian and Muslim neighbours living side by side was a real reminder that peaceful coexistence is something people build every day through leadership, dialogue, and shared responsibility.
“What I take away from this visit is the importance of further progress being Nigerian led, rooted in strong institutions and inclusive dialogue, with FoRB at its heart. The UK will continue to support practical efforts in ensuring greater peace, security and prosperity for all.”
The visit also included a roundtable with partners of the UK’s Strengthening Peace and Resilience in Nigeria (SPRiNG) programme, a £38 million UK government-funded conflict and resilience programme operating primarily in Kaduna, Katsina, Benue and Plateau states.
During the visit, Special Envoy David Smith MP held meetings with the Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, the Nigerian National Human Rights Commission, and civil society organisations working at the intersection of insecurity and religious freedom. He also visited the National Mosque and the National Ecumenical Centre in Abuja.
Speaking to the various stakeholders, Mr Smith called for greater tolerance across religion or belief in Nigeria and hoped that the cohesion he saw on a community level in the capital, could be achieved nation-wide with the same resolve. He hoped to continue these dialogues with interlocutors in the UK.
The visit builds on the momentum of President Tinubu’s State Visit to the United Kingdom in March 2026, which reinforced the UK-Nigeria Strategic Partnership and included interfaith events attended by President Tinubu and His Majesty The King, underlining both countries’ shared commitment to fostering constructive interfaith dialogue.
Telecom2 days agoGoogle unveils Gemini-powered advertising, commerce tools at Marketing Live 2026
E-Financial2 days agoGriffin Capital Group Launches Integrated Financial Services Group Positioned to Strengthen Capital Formation in Nigeria, Africa
Telecom2 days agoNigeria gets AI-ready Lagos data centre
E-Business2 days agoKaspersky Detected More than 92,000 Malware Attacks Disguised as AI Services in Four Months
E-Financial2 days agoCBN to Simplify Bank Alerts over Rising Customer Complaints
Telecom2 days agoTelcos in Nigeria, other Emerging Markets Squeezed by Diesel Crisis
Telecom2 days agoipNX Seeks Coordinated Action on Fibre Deployment @ National Dig-Once Forum
General News2 days agoOtedola Plans $100m Investment in Dangote Refinery ahead of Proposed IPO














